aptiasis anomonie keeps coming back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bald57

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a tank that has been running now for 3 weeks. It is a 25 gal tank with 30 lbs of live sand and 33 lbs of live rock. I have removed all my rock and soaked it in fw 3 times now and the aptiasisa anomonie keeps coming back. How do I get rid of these little buggers. My next course of action is to take the rock and boil the heck out of it. Any other ideas. Getting really frustrated.

if you boil it or keep soaking it in frshwater you will kill everything good living in it. also need to be careful as damaged aiptasia can release spores into the water growing into more of the buggers. they unfortunatley are very hardy too. If you can easily remove it i understand fire can sort it if you can then rinse to wash all these particles away. either that or try and inject boiling water, lemon juice or aiptasia x into the aiptasia which should kill it. could always try adding peppermint shrimp but they are very hit and miss and mine didnt resolve my problem. I found a lucky way that when I added my puffer he ate it all!

Back
Top Bottom