Aqua Clear 75 Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelhead_dan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a newbie..got my tank set up and running. I bought a protein skimmer, but the instructions saidall about putting it together, but nothing about how to set it up on the tank. Does the whole thing go into the tank to the water lin on it or does it hang on the outside with part of it in the tank. All the skimmers I saw are outside the tank.

i know a dumb newbie question,but you would think the company would have some real instrustions..ready to take it back

There are several different methods for settting up skimmers, I am not familiar with yours, did you purchase it as a hang on the back skimmer, or an in sump skimmer. Most of the "in tank" skimmers are air driven skimmers, does your skimmer require an air stone?

Can you provide pictures of the skimmer?

As far as I know, the Aqua Clear 75 Protein Skimmer, is an in sump skimmer.... You place it in the sump to where the pump is submersed in the water, and plug it in... Then use the air diffuser to regulate the water level in the skimmer...

I took it back and bought another one. I didn't want the sump kind. This one hangs on the back. Although i found out the hard way that connection on the tubes weren't tight. ooops, water on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom