Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
aqua one 36 nano reef

hi at present i am a proud owner of a jewel 700 rekord which is stocked with cichlids.i want to venture down the saltwater path.and was wondering if a nano tank would be a good starting point .cheers

Gaz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I wouldn't recommend a nano for starters, but I know a lot of people have done successfully. My first saltwater was a 55g and I almost instantly wanted to go bigger! On paper the best reason for starting bigger is the more water water volume the more room there is for error. Bad things can happen fast in small tanks! Also, if you check out live aquaria for types of fish you will find all the awesome ones need 75g or bigger. I think this is overlooked a lot in the saltwater hobby when people set up tanks for the first time only to realize that their favorite fish needs a much bigger tank! Best to do some research into what kind of tank you want (reef/fish only) and what fish you like then take it from there... I can tell you my 10g takes twice as much time to maintain than my 55
Bectan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

nano, nano reef, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com