aqua one 36 nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaz77

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi at present i am a proud owner of a jewel 700 rekord which is stocked with cichlids.i want to venture down the saltwater path.and was wondering if a nano tank would be a good starting point .cheers

I wouldn't recommend a nano for starters, but I know a lot of people have done successfully. My first saltwater was a 55g and I almost instantly wanted to go bigger! On paper the best reason for starting bigger is the more water water volume the more room there is for error. Bad things can happen fast in small tanks! Also, if you check out live aquaria for types of fish you will find all the awesome ones need 75g or bigger. I think this is overlooked a lot in the saltwater hobby when people set up tanks for the first time only to realize that their favorite fish needs a much bigger tank! Best to do some research into what kind of tank you want (reef/fish only) and what fish you like then take it from there... I can tell you my 10g takes twice as much time to maintain than my 55 :)

Back
Top Bottom