AquaC Remora Impressions =/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Remora kicked in Sunday morning. When I woke up, the collection cup was FULL 8O It was mostly watery, but it was brownish and there was definitely some debris in it. I dumped the gunk, and raised the cup 1/4 inch. The cup got half full in about 6 hours at that setting. Dumped the cup again, raised it another 1/4 inch. A few hours later, the cup was filling up again and was about half full again. Keep in mind this stuff was still watery so my tank is not that filthy :p I dumped the cup, raised it another 1/4 inch so the band is about halfway done the collection cup. I did not really check it this morning to see how it was skimming, but it should not fill itself up so quick and get darker skimmate.

I am excited to go home and see what it has collected :)

grimlock3000 said:
Lets face it, these Remoras are acrylic boxes and powerheads, when you are paying close to $200 for one, it would be nice if the out of box experience was better than this :(

You've got that right. I can't figure out for the LIFE of me why some plastic tubes cost $100-$200.

I bought a skimmer on Ebay for like $45 and when it arrived it was essentially a plastic cup. It could not have included more than $1 worth of material.

Back
Top Bottom