AquaKai's First SW Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, that's awesome! My sister's been begging for a clown and a tang (I told her NO WAY to the tang. She's now determined to get a 180g SW tank...). She'll be excited to hear that. I'll make sure to have that as my first fish. My Nitrites are very low right now, so hopefully they'll be gone soon and then I'll dose again and hopefully see all zeros in the right places! I think that I may just fresh dip the first one and then QT all the rest of them:)

lol yes, no tangs!! Cycling is the worst part , hopefully it's done soon but it sounds like its almost there :)

This pic always cracks me up, I don't know why

image-1049561771.jpg

Hahaha! That picture's hilarious:lol: I'm so ready for the cycle to be done! Thankfully I was away for a week in the beginning so I didn't have to see it:) Lately my 55g and my other FW have been taking my mind away from it, so I'm not too bad about... Until I get to the LFS, then I'm ready to buy ALL of the fish!

Also, I think for lighting, you could grow mushrooms and some other softies with these

http://www.aquatraders.com/20-inch-4x18W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52302.htm

Hahaha! That picture's hilarious:lol: I'm so ready for the cycle to be done! Thankfully I was away for a week in the beginning so I didn't have to see it:) Lately my 55g and my other FW have been taking my mind away from it, so I'm not too bad about... Until I get to the LFS, then I'm ready to buy ALL of the fish!

The fish in the store makes me so jealous. I need like a 300g tank to keep everything I want. I'd really love a powder blue tang, dang those things are nice

Also, I think for lighting, you could grow mushrooms and some other softies with these

Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

The fish in the store makes me so jealous. I need like a 300g tank to keep everything I want. I'd really love a powder blue tang, dang those things are nice
Haha, for now I'll be happy with a black clown goby and a clown fish:) Although I love the look of the green chromis, so pretty:)

Those lights are great! I'll have to order some soon:) Mushrooms here I come!:dance:-yes they're my little SW addiction right now. Just wait until I actually get them;)

Haha, for now I'll be happy with a black clown goby and a clown fish:) Although I love the look of the green chromis, so pretty:)

Those lights are great! I'll have to order some soon:) Mushrooms here I come!:dance:-yes they're my little SW addiction right now. Just wait until I actually get them;)

Chromis are really cool :)

lol soon you'll be addicted to corals :)

I just tested the tank and this is what I got:
0ppm
0ppm
Off the charts high!

One big water change to get the nitrates back down and then I think that I'm good:)

I just tested the tank and this is what I got:
0ppm
0ppm
Off the charts high!

One big water change to get the nitrates back down and then I think that I'm good:)

Congrats!!! The worst is over :)

Congrats!!! The worst is over :)
Thanks, and yeah the cycling process was pretty bad. I'm so happy to finally have something in there. I think that I'm going to pick up a clownfish tomorrow:) I just did one big PWC, so I'll check the parameters in 30 mins or so and let everything settle down. AHHH!!! So, happy!

Thanks, and yeah the cycling process was pretty bad. I'm so happy to finally have something in there. I think that I'm going to pick up a clownfish tomorrow:) I just did one big PWC, so I'll check the parameters in 30 mins or so and let everything settle down. AHHH!!! So, happy!

Haha I love clownfish. They're one of the funniest fish. Just to warn you, they will be crazy. You might think it's dying at night, but that's how they sleep! Mine literally lays at the surface of the water at night haha

Haha I love clownfish. They're one of the funniest fish. Just to warn you, they will be crazy. You might think it's dying at night, but that's how they sleep! Mine literally lays at the surface of the water at night haha

Thanks for telling me! I would have been freaked out if I saw one doing that. The last time I was at the LFS there was a really cute small one in the tank. He followed my sister EVERYWHERE, she's excited to go get him. And getting him tomorrow allows my grandma to come along too;). Ah the happiness:D. I just have to get through volunteering first.

Thanks for telling me! I would have been freaked out if I saw one doing that. The last time I was at the LFS there was a really cute small one in the tank. He followed my sister EVERYWHERE, she's excited to go get him. And getting him tomorrow allows my grandma to come along too;). Ah the happiness:D. I just have to get through volunteering first.

haha have fun! And post pics!!!!

How did this thread get by me?

Great to here your tank is cycled. Hope you got the little dude

Did you get the little guy? :)

Yes I did!

img_2552835_0_dcca736469c80f8e09cb0e46e7b012fb.jpg

Getting him acclimating:)

You found nemo!
I did! They said that they were tank bred, so I hope I didn't get him from the reef;)
He's cute!
Thank you! I'm super excited about him. It's taking forever to acclimate him, but I really don't want to do anything to kill him! He cost too much to do that;) He's officially my first SW fish and most expensive. Love him!:love:

I did! They said that they were tank bred, so I hope I didn't get him from the reef;)

Thank you! I'm super excited about him. It's taking forever to acclimate him, but I really don't want to do anything to kill him! He cost too much to do that;) He's officially my first SW fish and most expensive. Love him!:love:

Watch out for pelicans breaking in

Back
Top Bottom