Aquarium for desjardini sailfin tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphendren

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have read that a 125 gallon is minimum for these fish, does this sound about right? I am looking into buying an aquarium for one, and like these dimensions due to the width, but it is only a 5 ft tank.

60 X 24 X 20

I can custom order this aquarium new with glass boxed corner overflow/return for $375 from Fujimoto Aquarium. However, I have read that a 6 ft long tank is desirable for tangs, so would I be better off with:

72 X 24 x 17

This dimension doesn't seem very tall. What are the dimensions on a standard 125? I would really like to stick with the 24" width, so that I can use a 40 breeder as a sump/refugium.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Jared

6' long, 2' wide you can do a 180, 210, 220, or custom tank.

If you have the money check out Marineland's deep dimension tanks. The 300 is 6' long, 3' wide, and 27" tall. This is an awesome tank.

I have a 5 foot tank 120 gallon, and it is fine for most tangs. I have a convict tang as is, but will be getting more soon.

I would at least do a 6 ft tank. A 125 gallon tank would work fine. The sailfin needs plenty of space.

Thanks for the advice guys, I currently have a 55 gallon, and I have to get this upgrade past the boss (wife). She does not want me to go big, and have to replace everything.

So how about a 6' long, 18" wide tank? Is 18" too narrow for a sailfin tang? Fujimoto will build anything I want, I just need to make sure I do this right the first time.

Jared

That's a great price if you're looking for a stand and canopy deal, but not reed ready. You'll have to get it drilled...

Back
Top Bottom