aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
anyone have any good aqua scalping ideas for a tank with fuzzy dwarf lionfish and a couple other fish. the tank would be over 150 gallons up to 300. thanks

Are you any good with DIY stuff involving PVC? There are some great things you can do with building frames for the LR that allow for huge pillars, shelves, caves, etc. If nothing else, it can help support the rocks so you can pile them higher. Currently, my aquascaping is like a W. Tallest points are near the left and right ends of the ****, then it dips down, and there is a smaller rise in the center. The right side has some great caves and hidey holes. Left side looks like a mountain peak because of a fantastic huge piece of base rock I found.

there are a lot of ways to do it. You can drill large holes in the rock and slip the pipe through it, you can glue the rock to the pipe, or even just use the pipe as something to lean rocks against more throughly.

I got the ideas I gave you from an article in Coral Reef Magazine. But, I found a link to a slideshow for the same article!
Live Rock PVC Photo Slideshow
What I think I will ultimately do is a combination. Mostly rock pile, but with a frame on each end to bring the top of the reef taller than I could safely do otherwise, toss in a couple good shelves jutting out... But this is a future project for a larger tank, after I've left my one bedroom apartment. LOL
Enjoy the slideshow! I strongly recommend picking up the magazine. It's full of great stuff!

My pleasure! Post pics when you do it, or even drawings of what you plan to do. When I finally upgrade again, I'm going to have some rock towers using PVC.

Back
Top Bottom