Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
So im not really liking my aquascape right now, someone wanna help me maybe? Or send me pics of theres to get ideas?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404068677.405034.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

aquscapeing is not fun alone as it is hard to see from above ,
I always find someone to be my eyes as it's easier to see from the front
and they can direct you on where to place the rocks
looking at what you have it don't look bad
my only concern would be all the rocks come tumbling down
it is always best to try to lock in all the rocks so they don't move

just to give you some ideas here are a few of my tanks the first two are no more as I grew into a bigger tank

1.)37 gal bow front
img_2980781_0_0bf687c936b463aa922cf3406ff1f792.jpg

2.) 40 gal breeder
img_2980781_1_88d147c774e8df36e446a57be4343843.jpg

3.) my 90 gal I have now this one is still being built
img_2980781_2_50d318eb4cb3dc6c2a0f9d27982eee11.jpg

Dude I changed mine a bunch and just decided I'll never be happy lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

best advice I could give is this..........
picture in your head what you want to see in your rock ,
always keep in mind shelves and steps are great for coral
draw out your scape on paper give that paper to a friend or loved one have them sit in front of the tank as you place the rocks, let them be your eyes
move sand away so you have a good surface to start the base ,
never build over a sand bed as fish tend to burrow and this could cause rocks to shift
the one biggest thing is to be sure to lock in each rock as you place it or in time you could have a rock slide that could be tragic , breaking glass causing a flood

I think it looks pretty good honestly, only thing I would change is take off the rock that forms the middle arch and try that in the sand bed towards the front of the tank maybe. I think that would give the scape some depth and would look good. Just my $.02 though because all that really matters is what you like.

So the top rock where the cardinal is?

I can't see any fish in the pic, but I was talking about the rock that forms the second arch from the right

I happen to think it looks pretty darn good as is. LOL

I have an eye usually with rockscaping, mine always come out, eventually, to where I want them to be. Sometimes its just a subtle movement of rock that makes it work. But I like the arches, I am hoping to recreate something similar in my 60g cube. Very clean looking. :)

I think it look good. This is what i did. I like the look of two islands, one bigger than the other.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404693094.518526.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404693094.518526.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 139
I like that. I tried but ended up having to brace some of the rocks against the back. I'm gonna get yelled at for dead spots :) but I think it turned out food.

Fish are people too!!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405284139.254049.jpg

So i changed it around a lil, deff need more rock, any opinions? Or comments?

With my set up I found I nice 10lb piece of rock and I went ahead and carved out some holes and caves into It and then I just added a few smaller rock onto it. I like to set up my rocks in the center away from the acrylic so I can easily clean the glass and I can get water running around the rock without deadspots. I think your original set up looked good, maybe try taking that top middle rock and adding it to the far left and make that island a bit bigger
Here is the front of mine
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422458324.241313.jpg
And here's the side view from my bed
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422458355.674631.jpg

Adjust some rocks , have a couple beers , look at your aquascape, adjust, have a couple more beers, make final adjustments. Have a couple more beers to celebrate job well Done! Tried and true method, worked for me on my 800g and my peninsula tank .

Back
Top Bottom