Aquascaping help newbie!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J2thefree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I set up a new biocube 29 and this is my first reef tank that I'm trying to get going but question about rock placement right now I have the rock setup on the back wall but I was wondering if it's a little better to bring it up more so the light is directly over it so when my tank is done cycling that I have the best light for the corals that my tank can hold

Here's a couple pictures

image-636539671.jpg

image-828179031.jpg

I have a Red Sea Max and I just like to have the rock off the back a little so fish can hide in or behind. Also with your corals do your research about placement as I have had a lot of trouble with too much intense light for some corals. Looks good though and good luck!

Thanks ando and saltcreep yes it is the stock lighting I heard it would be good enough for softies and some other corals.. Is that right?

To stay topic relevant, i have a 29 cube too and have a similar setup aquascape, judt a bit more hehe. 2 islands connected making a cave. I had mine right up to the back glass and ended up moving it forward a bit for better flow and so I could see what was going on back there a little better. This is aquascape #4 and hopefully the last for a while.

q2SfBGE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom