Aquascaping Methods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgekrusher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently running a 12g Nano, it has no corals yet. But the thing is I'm moving in about 2 1/2 weeks and am planning on totaly re-aquascaping the whole thing. I am just wondering what methods people use to hold their LR together. I was thinking I would go with PVC but then there's the issue of dead stagnant water messing things up. I read on RC about a member who used acrylic rods, which sounds good, but I don't know if I want to spend that much cash. The third option I could do, is what i am using now is to epoxy the rocks together. The only thing I've seen about that is moving the LR is a pain in the backside. I've tried the balancing act, LOL not going to do that again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peace

Edge

PVC and plastic zip ties I think are what I hear most often. To combat the stagnant water issue simply drill many small holes through the pipe, 1/8" - 1/4" should be fine. This both will let water move through the pipe and will also give you places to run the zip ties through for anchoring the rocks. The challenge with the zip ties is finding places in the LR to run them through. Some folks simply take to drilling through the LR as well... I don't see anything wrong with doing that.

HTH

I do the simple balancing deal. I bury my base rocks down a few inches in the sand and then selectivly stack the rocks on top of my base so that I form a lose network of caves and crevices.

I also use the "balancing" method, especially in my nanos. I don't see why you would need to zip tie together the small rocks used typically in such a small tank. I would think that some epoxy putty would be alot cleaner looking and would easily make caves and any other tankscape.

doh! I completely missed the 12g Nano factor... yea, for something that small I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom