Aquascaping. Opinions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lane1223

Aquarium Advice Freak
K so when it comes to Aquascaping, my imagination is dead. Please would you guys tell me you opinion on what I have now and give me new ideas??

image-2880126862.jpg

This is a full tank shot.

image-466956690.jpg

This is the left side. (put these last two together and get a closer full shot)

image-804085452.jpg

And this is the right side.

Please excuse the algae. I have a couple of Mexican turbos working on it. :)

I think it looks great. Your rock isnt resting on the glass and theres plenty of tunnels and overhangs. :-D

Really?? Thanks. Any ideas on improvement or is it fine like it is?

If you like it the way it is, keep it. If you don't, then change it. The only way it can be wrong, is if you don't like the aquascaping. I've changed my designed a couple of times already lol.

slitherbomb said:
If you like it the way it is, keep it. If you don't, then change it. The only way it can be wrong, is if you don't like the aquascaping. I've changed my designed a couple of times already lol.

Yeah. I like it. I feel as though it could be better but don't know how. I see other tanks and they look awesome but I just can't seem to get it to COMPLETELY satisfy me.

I constantly am changing my rock around, some days I like it some days I feel it could be better. LOL It's perfectly normal to feel like that so youre doing good. I happen to like the rock the way it is, but who knows you might come up with something better. :)

Lane1223 said:
Yeah. I like it. I feel as though it could be better but don't know how. I see other tanks and they look awesome but I just can't seem to get it to COMPLETELY satisfy me.

Then you're not done. When you're satisfied, you're done. My tank took about 1 hour to aqua ape, with the help of my cousins. I knew I was done when I saw it.

Thanks guys. I'm more of a perfectionist and I guess it's just my OCD kicking in. I like it and maybe when I get some more money I'll get some more live rock. Haha then I can re-sculpt a little. :)

LyndaB said:
Are your fish happy? If so, you definitely nailed it. ;)

My fish seem happy. My skunk shrimp molted last night. And he is hiding in his little hang over. :) btw little side question, I have a emperor penguin 200 series on a 20g hospital tank that I didn't have to use. I put it on my 40b. Is that a bit of an over kill? I have a 330 gph hob on there already and I don't want it to sit around.

Just try to get your landscape finished before you start adding more corals.The more corals you get,the harder it is to change things around.

Ricksreef said:
Just try to get your landscape finished before you start adding more corals.The more corals you get,the harder it is to change things around.

Got it. Thanks. Also I have a small frag from my yellow polyps and I was told to super glue it to a small rock. Will any super glue work?

slitherbomb said:
Use super glue gel that is cyanoacrylate based.

Ok cool. Thanks. Can you answer my question about my filters?? (a few posts up)

Lane1223 said:
Ok cool. Thanks. Can you answer my question about my filters?? (a few posts up)

I would think that the 2 hob filters would def work. You can't really have too many hob filters lol

I agree about the filters, just can't have too much filtration. :)

It also will allow you to set up a qt tank on the spur of the moment if something should happen.

carey said:
I agree about the filters, just can't have too much filtration. :)

It also will allow you to set up a qt tank on the spur of the moment if something should happen.

Yeah that will be good. Will it allow more pods?

I'd have to say no to that though. Pods like to live and reproduce in nooks and crannies of rock and in a refugium with rock and macroalgae. I can see literally thousands of pods crawling around on my live rock and in my refugium. When I clean out my filter sock I see some larger ones in there but not many. Not sure they survive the filtration.

if youre looking for pods maybe a refugium is for you, they even make hang on back ones if you dont have room underneath the tank for one.

Back
Top Bottom