aquatic life 115 bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm using this skimmer on my 20 gallon tank. I can't seem to get rid of the micro bubbles. The skimmer seems to be doing its job but the bubbles make the water look cloudy. Any secrets out there or should I just run the tank without it.

Wouldn't recommend not running it. Maybe change the setting so that you are skimming dryer?

You can also get hang on overflow boxes that you can put the skimmer on (not the typical syphon based units for running a sump) They have 2 chambers, pickup and return. You run your skimmer to draw water from the pickup chamber (has the notches cut in the top) then you have the return go into the other chamber. The benefit you ask? One is more efficient skimming but the main benefit is that you put a sponge in the return chamber and that will catch the micro bubbles. May not get all but it will make a huge difference. This was what I did with my hang on skimmer and it helped a lot.

Back
Top Bottom