Aqueon light for coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorbait101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was gifted with an Aqueon optibright 48-54 for my 90 gallon tank. I have tried to find reviews on the light where people tested it for coral, but I haven't found anything. I current have my coral and fish in a different tank, but will be moving them to a 90 gallon in a week or so. I don't plan on having any lights that require very high light. All I currently have is some zooanthids, mushroom coral, and green star polps. Would this light be okay for these corals. Even if I put them mid way in the tank on the rocks? I would return it, but I don't have any receipt to do so, so I hope it will work! The box says low to med light coral, but I wanted more proof.

Without doing any research on the light.. I'd say probably not. Aqueon makes nothing impressive..

I can't find any kind of information on this light what so ever. The only coral I have currently is zoanthids, mushroom coral and green star polps.

I'd get something else.. 2 mars aqua panels will do it for you.. obviously better options, those are proven budget lighting for all coral.

Back
Top Bottom