I'm buying a 10 gallon sw
tank this coming friday night. From what I gather the tank has been set up for 2 or so years. It comes with everything including a lee's skimmer, air pump, 4 wpg
lighting fixture, powerhead, live sand, 17 pounds of live rock, an 80+ yellow polyp colony, some ricordea, 2 damsels, 4 turbo snails, etc.
I've spent the last few months reading reading and doing more reading about sw
tanks. I have a few questions tho.
Its going to be about an hour and 15 min drive home. We discussed the best way to get the setup home and here is what he thinks:
He's going to take about 2/3 of the water out of the tank, take the lr
out and wrap it with newspapers, and take the shrooms
and the lr
with the polyps in it and stick it in a bucket/container w/ water.
My questions are:
1. If i put the water he takes out of the tank and put it in to gallon jugs, will it be ok to fill the tank back up with that water when I get home?
2. Should the shroom and polyp colony be left in the tank with enough water to cover it?
3. Will the tank go thru a mini cycle?
4. If the tank does go thru a mini cycle, assuming i put the corals in the tank when I get home, will everything be ok? Or should I leave the corals in the bucket with a powerhead and the light over them for a week or so?
5. Is there anything else i'll need to know about the move/ in general so something doesn't go wrong?