Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-22-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Anyone have an opinion on this stuff. It's supposed to maintain the Calcium, Alk, and pH all together. It clouds the tank for about an hour after adding the stuff but other than that it seems OK.

Just wanted to see if anyone else uses the stuff and what you might think about it. I normally use Reef Complete for raising and maintaining my calcium but I have to use two other products for Alk and pH as well. My VERY competent reef specific LFS recommended the stuff so I thought I would try it out.

stemonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 06:25 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Personally, I don't like products that cloud the tank for that long. IMO, you might get better results and be happier with one of the two part solutions like C-balance or B-Ionic, or simply drip kalkwasswer at night to replace all evaporation.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm not a fan of the cloudiness either. Fortunately it only clouds for an hour. I've typically added it at night, just before my lights go off, so that I don't have to see the cloudiness. In the morning I'm back to crystal clear.
stemonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
Good stuff. It does what your dealer says, provided your tank is in otherwise good health. Adding regular Aragamilk doses makes my coralline grow like a weed, and dramatically helps with PH buffering.

Some notes on Aragamilk:

First, most bottles of this stuff have severaly precipitated out causing a lump to form at the bottom. I suggest any new bottle, or even one in frequent use, to be shaken 'violently' for several minutes, and be pounded on the floor to break up the sediment. Aragamilk should have the consistency of a malted milk shake, not skimmed milk.

I use half a cap per day on my 55 (about 1tsp), but I'm only just beginning with some hard corals. I strongly recommend using smaller doses more frequently vs large doses less frequently, which is a common mistake with it. This will prevent PH hops and spikes.
wseaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com