Are my lights to low?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
Ok, so I switched everything over to my 55 on Tuesday. Things did not go so well. My candy cane dumped its zoo, favia brain (which I have had since November) is bleaching heavily from the top, and everything else is retracted.

I quickly measured the distance from my sandbed to the lights in "hands" as I'm doing a turnover at work today and tomorrow I have a court trip for work. My lights are about ~20 inches from the sandbed, which puts the lights ~6.5 inches above the water since one hand is ~7 inches long. My radions are currently running at 10%.

Parameters are 0,0,0 and salinity is at 1.031. I'm aware it is high and am bringing it down as we speak, it'll be within normal range once I get home from work from a 5% PWC. The salinity can't be the issue as all of these corals lived at this level in my 36 when I screwed up on a water change and slowly brought it back down over a 3 week period.

I am also running carbon and gfo in a dual reactor (barely a teaspoon of each since it just got up and running) along with my fuge w/ cheato and my crappy sea clone skimmer that has been performing as well as would be expected for it, as it is a POS.

I need to resolve this quickly as I have my order from saltwaterfish.com coming in today with a worm brain, acan, chalice pectinia, stylophora, and an indigo dotty back. With parameters being normal, having the LR from my 36 in the tank after cycling it fully over the course of a month and a half with new sand and 1 base rock, lighting has to be the culprit in this situation.

Oh, and all corals were in the sandbed to acclimate them to the new lighting since they were moving from 4 T5HO to the radions. They were at all levels of the 36, from top to sandbed.

Back
Top Bottom