Are sea slugs reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem is they usually eat specific foods like a specific kind of algae. Once that runs out they die. Some foul water when they die.

I often see them at LFS's and am tempted to get one, they are such unique animals...the issue that I have is you never know how long would they actually live, if they are eating, if they are ok...and if not and die, you are jeopardizing all of what you have in your tank...its not worth the risk IMHO

I have a california sea hare in my tank. I've had mine for a couple months so far, its quite a big one! I got mine because of a leafy invasive algae outbreak. I was taking handfuls of this stuff out a week. It took less than a week for this thing to get rid of it. I've been giving it grape macroalgae to help supplement. The other algae is still around so its still doing the job, it didn't eat the roots. I wouldn't get one if you don't want to deal with supplementing it.

Back
Top Bottom