are the fish compatible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmapes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
wondering if this combo of fish is compatible
dwarf lion
dwarf Angel
clown.
dragonets
jawfish
in a reef tank.
28gal. tank.

not to put all the listed fish In the tank just a list of fish I would like.
so wish ones can handle the other

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering if this combo of fish is compatible
dwarf lion
dwarf Angel
clown.
dragonets
jawfish
in a reef tank.
28gal. tank.

not to put all the listed fish In the tank just a list of fish I would like.
so wish ones can handle the other

Lion will eat the dragonet. Dwarf angel needs more swimming space. The dragonet also needs a larger tank as it would go through the pods in that tank very quickly. The jaw would be fine but you'd need a very secure top as they're definitely jumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

so would the lion be OK with the jaw and clowns be ok with both.
I really like the dragonets. how big of tank? I am going to upgrade if this tank is a success in a few years.

That tank is way not large enough for a dwarf lion with tank mates, let alone by itself. Dragonets need a tank that is large enough to produce enough pods on its own to feed it, which is very difficult. They are a great example of a fish that should stay in the ocean.

OK so the 2 fish I like are way out of the question.

Hate to tell you as you are already loosing 2 of your choices , but a dwarf wouldn't work in your tank either (Rec 70g) , I understand why you want one they are a pretty fish, maybe one day you'll upgrade to a bigger tank.

there are a lot of nice looking fish with tons of color that would work in your tank . and wouldn't break the bank , check the nano section at live aquara , there are a lot of really colorful fish in the nano category .

even though you need to swap a few fish out there are a lot more of fish that you can choose from.

OK cool thaks. I do plan on getting a big one in time but down the road
thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom