Arrow crab vs goby and flame hawk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello guys... I have always loved arrow crabs and i want to know if it would get eaten by my 10" engineer goby or my flame hawk fish..... Any opinions would be veryyyy helpful!

Attachments

• image-2846554763.jpg
    image-2846554763.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 150
  • image-1282820280.jpg
    image-1282820280.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 180
10" :eek: ....wow lol can't answer you though sorry jack

Mrc8858 said:
10" :eek: ....wow lol can't answer you though sorry jack

Haha thanks, no problem! I mean... He is long but his mouth isnt very big so i cant see him doing much harm unless he was really pissed or hungery... Maybe someone has tried this. Im more concerned abou the flame hawk though because they have a good reputation for eating inverts :/

Kio707 said:
Arrow crab has defenses... It'll be fine. Goby wont touch it.

Well that would be great! How about the flame?

And could the arrow attack a small clown?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well that would be great! How about the flame?

And could the arrow attack a small clown?

If its big enough, yes. The flame should be fine too... Y fight for food when u got someone stuffing ur belly? Lol...

Congrats for your soon to be newly acquired arrow crab! Fell in love with them before I knew how aggressive they could be.

obscurereef said:
Congrats for your soon to be newly acquired arrow crab! Fell in love with them before I knew how aggressive they could be.

Should we not get one? How are they with corals, hermits, and snails? Im worried it would become dinner for the flamehawk, monster goby, or the marine betta!

How about coral banded shrimp..how are they?

I don't have one, but read before that when large enough they can pick on or catch slow and small enough fish or inverts (might pick on snails). I'm sure those fish will be fine. Could probably catch a small goby if they were hungry enough. I don't think the engineer goby would eat the arrow crab, but don't have one so wouldn't know. I read numerous times that coral banded shrimp ARE mean. Will pick on fish and I think even corals. It's a gamble b/c there's always different personalities and scenarios.

If you have bristle worms and want to keep them, the arrow crab would definitely eat them. Don't know if you'd really care about that though.

obscurereef said:
If you have bristle worms and want to keep them, the arrow crab would definitely eat them. Don't know if you'd really care about that though.

Nah i could care less about those, not sure if we even have any!

Well ya, we have no slow fish and i would like to get one! We'll make sure we find a bigger one when we look for it!:)

Awesome! I'm sure there will be one person who comes over and thinks you put a huge spider in your tank or something :lol:

Arrow crabs are cool, and they're kind cute when small. Was gonna get one, then saw a really big one, and..... Yeah, not so cute then. Lol. I also heard that they can eat small fish when they get big, and since I have mostly small fish, I didn't get one. Good luck with yours!! They are cool to watch. :)

Decent size! Ugly little guy but pretty cool!

Attachments

• image-4227856639.jpg
    image-4227856639.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 85
That thing looks like it came from a horror movie! If that was a bug, not a crab, I would never want to hold or be near that thing. Epic member though (y)

Back
Top Bottom