Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2003, 03:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Assisted Suicide

My poor Nudi Branch (see Gallery) got himself stuck in two different filters in two consecutive days. Looks like he finally did himself in. Parts of him where sucked into the slits in the filter screen. Those parts then expanded and dont look like they will fit through again. He's looking pretty torn up and I'm sure he's feeling it. My questions are.... Is it right to put him out of his misery? And if so, what is the most humane way to do this? Has anyone else had to make this decision??

TIA
Calvin

Old 10-29-2003, 06:16 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
My questions are.... Is it right to put him out of his misery?
Only you can decide whether it is right, I have never kept nudis, so I have no idea what their chances of survival are after that kind of mishap.

Quote:
And if so, what is the most humane way to do this?
The best method IMO, is to have a large bowl of ice cold saltwater. Place the nudi in it, it will very quickly go into shock and die. I have had to put down fish with this method..it is very effective and humane.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com