At a crossroad with tank setup, looking for help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it took me 2 days to get mine filled up 72 gallon tank and 20 gallon sump. I had a party the 2nd day and finish filling it up and turining on pump around 1am

You can always get a booster pump for the RO/DI unit.

If your unit is close enough to the tank I would run the output line right into the tank and let the thing run overnight. Sitting around waiting and watching water drip like it does out of a RO/DI unit will drive you mad. Like the Ronco (something or another) set it and forget it. LOL

I have a line coming off my RO/DI that runs all the way over to my sump for top off. I also have an ATO system but rarely use it anymore.

Thanks for advice, a booster pump is pretty much out of the qustion but I am going to stick it out with the trickle RO/DI pump and have some nice water for my tank!

No, tank isn't full just yet, about 3/4 of the way, not including the sump. I have to run the RO/DI from my kitchen sink and can't do it all hours. Should be full and running soon, just ordered my Fiji base rock from Marcorocks.com! Hopefully will be posting photos soon! I'm in the Altoona area of PA BTW, about 45 minutes from Penn State Main campus.

Ok here it goes, here are some photos! Water should clear up once the sump in up and running

Here are the final 2 that I couldn't get on the last post!

I think I had just about 200lbs in the tank when I had a 72 set up.

Just a tip on your plumbing. You are probably going to want to use a shorter drain line hose. You are going to run into problems with it going down hill and then back up before dumping into your wet/dry.

Thanks for that advice, that is the hose that came with the sump. Would you recommend that I get 1 inch vinyl hose to attach to the sump?

Here is the fixed plumbing, hope that is better!

Minimum rock amount is based on livestock not tank size.

Looking Good! How's that patience working out? Any fingernails left?

and ummmmmm GO BIRDS

Haha, I second the GO BIRDS!!! Patience is ok, today is my last day of the weekend so I have to go to work tomorrow. Water production is going to be going slow again, but my Koralia 4 powerheads are due in tomorrow via UPS so I can at least swirl the water.

See that! You're already almost up to the swirly water point. Then you get to watch the sand storm and wonder how long does this mess take to settle. Before long you'll be saying 'look honey how clear and big this is, it looks h u g e'. Then of course the rock will show up and you'll wonder why am I emptying so much water out of this thing after I just filled it (rock water displacement). It only get better from there.

Hahaha, I know I can't wait to add the rock and then take all of the water out!!

I got POWERHEADS!!! Now at least I can get some water circulation and not worry about it going stagnant until I can fill the tank up!!

Hey everyone, got my 25lbs of BR from marco rocks and my lighting, here is what it looks like now (still making water, haha)

Back
Top Bottom