Hello! Ok here it goes....I bought a 72G Bowfront tank w/ stand and built in overflow, MegaFlow model 2 sump, ASM G1X proteim skimmer, 2 200w submersible heaters, a Mag Drive 950 pump for the return from the sump, Sundial T5HO 48" lighting, and 2 Koralia 4 powerheads. Also bought a MaxCap RO
filter. The tank is in place on the stand, the sump is assembled with the protein skimmer inside as well as the heaters and return pump. I have plumbed the sump to the overflow and assembled the overflow accessory kit. I placed the powerheads in the tank and have added my substrate (Argonite sand
I am now at the point that I need to add water and rock to the tank. My issue is that when running the RO
filter i noticed that it produces the clean water very slowly, so I am looking at quite the extended process here for making my water. Here is what I was planning to do:
1. Make water as fast as possible and fill the tank until it overflows into the sump and the water in the sump hits the approprate level to cover all of the pumps (approx midway up the minimum and max line on the sump
2. Once all water is in place, fire up the filtration and powerheads and get the water all moving.
3. Place my salt mix right into the aquarium with the moving water and mix the water right in the aquarium to the proper salinity (don't want to mix the saltwater as I make it due to the fact that the RO/DI produces water slowly and I don't want the saltwater to sit uncirculated, probably not going to be able to make all of the water in one day
4. Allow the water to run for a few days until I can get a BR order delivered to me.
5. Place the BR into the aquarium and let it run until I can get 25lbs of LR
6. Place the LR
into the aquarium and allow it to cure, then once cured get another 25lbs of LR
delivered and also cure it in the aquarium also.
7. Finally once all LR
is cured, do some aquascaping with the rock, then add some nassarius snails, then finally after stabalizing again adding fish.
Just wanted some input from everyone as to their thoughs on what my gameplan is. Sorry to be so wordy and detailed but I'm a NEWB and didn't want to leave any details out. I hope to get some good input as usual and any advice is appreciated. Thanks alot everyone!