ATO help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie321

Aquarium Advice Regular
So im leaving for vacation next month and my main concern is the evaporation. The fish wil be fed but the sitter will not have time to top the tank off every day. The tank is a 60 gallon bowfront with 2 occelaris clownfish and a royal gramma baslet. The tank is sumpless and im just running on a power filter and live rock. Im wondering what the best method for an ato would be here. Im on a budget being i am only 16 and im wondering if there is a diy page you guys could point me to? Or what is the best option for an ato in a sumpless tank. Any info would be great.

I'm personally a big fan of JBJ's ATO with a Tom's aqua lifter.
How long are you going to be gone? If a week, I wouldn't worry about feeding the fish and would focus on the top off.

I'm personally a big fan of JBJ's ATO with a Tom's aqua lifter.
How long are you going to be gone? If a week, I wouldn't worry about feeding the fish and would focus on the top off.
Im gonna be gone for two weeks. And ive read good and bad things about the aqua lifte, my main concern being pump failure. Any thoughts?

Im gonna be gone for two weeks. And ive read good and bad things about the aqua lifte, my main concern being pump failure. Any thoughts?

I have been using the same pump on my reef tank for 6 years. Never replaced or repaired. It doesn't hurt them to run dry. Great cheap option

Back
Top Bottom