Attaching Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff8183

Aquarium Advice Activist
Whats the best way to attach a single mushroom polyp to a peice of rock someone told me to use superglue, is that ok?

Superglue won't work unless the shroom already is attached to a small peice of rock. To attach it to a rock, there are two methods I have had success with. One is to place the shroom on a piece of rock and cover it with a piece of wedding veil and tie the veil down with rubberbands or fishing line. The other way is to put some cc in a bowl lid, put the shroom on the cc and cover the whole lid with wedding veil. After two weeks the shroom should have attached to either the cc or the rock. If you use cc method, you can superglue the cc(that the shroom has attached to in 2 weeks) to a piece of rock. You can get the veil at walmart in the material department.

Super glue.LOL. Just let it sit on a piece of rock and it will attach itself the natural way eventualy. Mine did. But if you can't wait, use AquaStik Epoxy Putty.

Superglue only works on pieces of coral that have a skeleton. If they are slimy pieces they simply can't stick to the glue.

and i would just leave it sitting on a peice of rock but there this thing called current and it keeps knocking it off imagine that

Back
Top Bottom