Auto Top off and Kalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darknessheir

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been playing around with setting up my new 75 SW. Over the past 3 days I have had regular tap water in it to make sure the overflow and return pumps match, and that my flow is good. In this time period I have seen a huge amount of evaporation in the sump due to the water movement. So I decided to look into an auto top pff system.

What is a good way to go about a DIY auto top off?
I have read that alot of people dose there top off water with Kalk, I am really confused about Kalk as I have read all about different parts like 1 and 2, as well as people, making there own or buying it. Just really confused about this!

Please educate me with your knowledge!

Well, your tank is pretty young right now so you would only need to top off with RO water...Reverse Osmosis water..Kalk is later when you start having a higher demand for Ca due to coral growth. Right now check out Bulkreefsuppy.com for their ATO system. In the mean time look up and read about CA, DKH, MG and other articules on Kalk. Kalk is German for limewater. Mrs. Smiths pickling spices is the cheapest...

Back
Top Bottom