Awesome LR!! :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seafan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to my LFS and they have awesome LR. The aquacultured is covered in cool coralline, and the fiji rock has a colony of red shrooms and green/maroon zoos all over it. + it is only 5-6$ a pound!!! My question is can I put LR with zoos and shrooms in my tank while it cycles? I don't want to wait six weeks, he might run out of the LR. I guess the worst thing that can happen is they might die, right?
8O :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
new_smilie_colors1.gif

I put a rock covered in Yellow Button Polyps in my tank during the cycle and the Polyps lived just fine. There was a bit of regression at first, and I had a Flatworm outbreak kill a bunch more. I got rid of the Flatworms and the tank cycled, the Polyps are regrowing quite nicely now. I say go for it :)

If you see any large die-off during the cycle, scrub it off the rock.

I think you could do it but you may have to nurse the cycling process a bit. By that I mean you may have to keep a closer eye on water parameters and do changes so you do not stress out the animals too mcuh. This may prolong your cycling time. If you want the rock see if the LFS will let you buy it and then kep it for you while you finish your cycle.

Back
Top Bottom