b-ionic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
is b-ionic as good as everyone says. I'm looking to accelerate my coraline, and thinking of keeping some corals but I really can't drip kalk. Is it added directly to the tank?

B-Ionic IMO is the next best dosing product if you are choosing not to go with kalk. It comes in two bottles and using a reef chemistry calculator and a test kit for both Ca and Alk you can stay ontop of where the levels should be. If your looking to keep corals without the stress of how much kalk to dose, when to dose etc B-ionic is for you. And yes it can be added directly to the tank even though I tend to add it into the last chamber of my sump (return pump) to cause less of a drastic effect on the fish and corals. HTH :wink:

Reason for not using Kalk is simple.. B-Ionic is a 2-part solution thats a balanced solution of Alkalinity and Calcium.. Kalk is not...

is b-ionic as good as everyone says.
Honestly-after I started dosing it everything looked better, my tank just had a better overall look of health. Be sure to test ca/alk often at first to find out how much or little your tank needs. Add it in an area of high flow. FWIW, I dose 10ml of each part daily in my 55gal and my numbers stay at ca-400/alk-3.0meg/l. Here is an article I found very useful when starting out, it includes a graph showing ionically balanced ca/alk numbers- http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2002/chem.htm

B-ionic does work great! It will slowly over time increase the SG of your water that is the only drawback. To increase coralline growth make sure phosphates are kept low as well. High phosphates will stall coralline growth fast.

gotz_potential said:
B-Ionic is a 2-part solution thats a balanced solution of Alkalinity and Calcium.. Kalk is not...
Actually it is, kalk is better suited for balanced additions than a 2 part liquid. :wink:

Used properly though, both will work basically the same.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom