B-ionic dosing and kalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought the 2 part b-ionic in 2 gallon jugs because the lfs said that it would increase my coralline growth. My question is should I stop dosing kalk and just use the b-ionic or should I keep using the kalk and just back off on the b-ionic like ther directions say on the bottle? My calcium level right now is at 450 and my PH is usually around 8.0 - 8.2. Not sure of alk cause I need to get another test. Last time I checked it was good. Please let me know on how I should dose this stuff.

Thanks,
Josh

IMO you shouldn't expect any better coralline growth using b-ionic instead of or in conjuction with kalk. Your goal is to have CA and ALK in balance within the acceptable ranges. If you are getting some coralline growth now try scraping some off to help it to spread. Coralline will spread over time but it is a slow process. Some say that using calcium polygluconate which is in Seachem Reef Calcium will accelerate your coralline growth. Coralline also seems to grow faster under low to medium light instead of high light.

Phases99 cover it....... some things just can't be rushed.... Took almost a yera in my 125 before it started to take off good.

Back
Top Bottom