Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Back in the Saddle again! And Nervous as Hell!

Hi all,

Got my new fishes yesterday after six weeks of waiting (I had a tank wipeout .. marine velvet) I'm VERY nervous! Following the advice of several people, I feed the bacterial colonies in the qaurenine and main tanks with sources of ammonia so I could add three fish at one time (saving on shipping) and so far so good.. no detectable ammonia.. fish arrived looking fairly good (ordered from Marinedepot.com) .. all in the 4-5 inch range.. Longnose Butterflyfish, Imperator Angel (BEAUTIFUL juvenile coloration), and black Volitans lion. Angel went immediatley to work after acclimation picking at rocks ect. fed some krill.. greedily ate it. The longnose has been much more shy.. but I think he picked apart one of the hermits I have kept in the Quarentine tank while I wasn't looking LOL The lion is very nice, but ended up being the smallest fish in the order... hasn't accepted dead food yet, but apparently stalks the amphipods crawling around in the substrate.

Wish me luck!

Old 03-16-2003, 11:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

One more thing.. had a little scare.. the angel seems to have some rapid breathing. what is normal for these guys?

Old 03-16-2003, 11:41 AM   #3

Good luck...

I hope it goes well for you this time
Old 03-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
As long as there are no elevated ammonia or nitrite levels I would not be overly concerned with the breathing rates.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com