Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kempker1498

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am ordering my live rock, dry rock, and sand tomorrow from Macro Rocks. I am up in the air about adding the 3d background to the tank before I set it up. I like the look of it, and like the way hit helps conceal the hard to clean algae on the back glass. Has anyone ever installed this, if so do you like it?? Is it worth the money?? Will it mess up my tank?? Thanks for yalls help.

Andrew

In my opinion I wouldnt add a 3d background. You will be loosing some tank real estate due to the size of the background plus I think over time the algae and coralline algae will will cake up in the nooks and crannies and probably look worse than if you had no background. Plus you won't be able to scrape the 3d background or really clean it if you want to.

I have my tanks painted black on the back and you can barely see the coralline on it after a few months so I would vote just to paint it.

Now if I were doing a cichlid freshwater tank I would be ALL OVER that background, I wanted one pretty bad for my 125g but it would have been too much money. :-(

Back
Top Bottom