background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reyma10

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I'm trying to cover up the background of my tank because I have a mirror background and I dont like it so I bought a plastic background paper at my lfs the thing is I have to put it inside the tank but I can't get it to stay stuck on the glass is there anything I can use to make it stay like a glue or tape or something

Yea those are nice but I just want to stick the plactic background I got I just want to know what I can use to glue it or something to make it stick

But wont the silicone harm the fish.
I really want to place the background right now I have it pinched with my two hob filter and the bottom pinched with rocks and I have left it in there for a day and my temp droped by two degress

But wont the silicone harm the fish.
I really want to place the background right now I have it pinched with my two hob filter and the bottom pinched with rocks and I have left it in there for a day and my temp droped by two degress

Are you saying your temp dropped 2 degrees because of your background?

Yea without the background its a mirror back tank and it would always be.at 80 degrees with the blue plactic paper background its at 78

Most mirrors can be scraped from the back, which is a pain int the *** but would basically turn it into glass again.

I'm sorry I didn't realize the tank was filled already. For when u do need to adhere something in ur tank they sell a aquarium silicone that is perfectly safe. But since u already have water in there I would suggest u use super glue that is Cyanoacrylate based. It is safe to use with fish and water in the tank. Many people use to set frags. Or some coral putty would work as well.

Back
Top Bottom