Backgrounds and hiding components

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gal all glass tank and was wondering on good tips to hide wires and components so they arnt so visible any help would be awsome j need to hide a heater and a few other wires that show through the back or the tank and is there anyway to use an overflow box or any type of set up to put the heater in to hide it any help is awsome thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394517193.180878.jpg

It's really debatable I used roll on rust oleum and a sponge roller cost me less than twenty bucks just get the small sample paint cans

I took me four coats just clean the back glass really good and get one sample can will be enough

Hell yea looks good thanks for the help also do u have to rough up the glass any or will the paint just stick on and is that glass or acrillic?

It's glass and no you don't have to ruff it up they recommend you clean it with alcohol put I did mine with glass cleaner just make sure it's dry before you paint and don't get it wet . Should put a coat every hour or sooner depending.

Ya you use a diamond bit and I couldn't tell you mine came with it . But they should all do the same thing just the bigger the sump the better the filtration . And drilling into them is a bit tricky but they have YouTube videos on how to do it

Ok thanks would an overflow box like u have work just to hide that heater bc it should fill with water and still heat the tank right?

And what about another for the filter intake tube just drill more holes in it to let the water flow in it more so the tube can pick up the trash in the tank or u think that will lessen my filtration?

Back
Top Bottom