Bacter Vital by Marc Weiss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I added around 20lbs of LR to my 110g which already has roughtly 150lbs. I thought the amonia would only spike a tad bit if at all because my last batches barely did in my tubberware container.

Well, my amonia has spiked to around 1.0 and I'm a little worried because it hasn't dropped since last night. Nitrite is still 0. Anyway I had a product called Bacter Vital by Marc Weiss, I was recommended this product by a friend I decenlty trust. It says it will immediately will detoxify amonia while adding helpfuly bacteria. Anybody heard of this product or know if it really works? I figured it wouldn't hurst so I put the recommended dosage.

I have a full bottle in my fridge. I tried it during my cycle and I really do not think it did anything. Live rock and live sand do enough to kick start the cycle in my opinion.

I kinda figured, I starting some saltwater mixing a couple hours ago to put the rocks in until they are fully cured, or maybe I'll just throw them in my new aquarium that is kind of cycliing yet.

I got the LR curing in my new tank. I don't really want to do any water changes that would lengthen the cycyling process I"m guessing I should do a water change(s) if the amonia get too high? What number is too high that might be harmful than good in the curing process?

Back
Top Bottom