BakPak 2R outtake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We've had a problem in the past with the outtake on the BakPak 2R outtake, the problem isn't the equipment, it's the fact that our turbos in their wonderful job of cleaning decide to go into the outtake and well it makes the bakpak overflow all over my nice wood floors. Does anyone have any suggestions of something I could use like a netting or something that would allow the water to flow out but not let the snails go in. BakPak does have a bubble trap, but I'm not payin' 20 bucks plus shipping for it.

Thanks!

I have the same skimmer and I am going to try a bulkhead strainer and see what happens. No matter what you use, you'll need to incorporate it into your regular maintenance, otherwise it might become clogged or caked with coraline etc...same difference as the snail :wink:

I was thinking of some kind of netting do you think that would work? The spaces in the netting would be big, you know like fishnet stockings that some women wear cut a piece off and then secure it somehow, what do you think? I'd make it so it would be removeable, just not sure if the salt would eat away at it.

Loganj posted once about a craft material he uses to screen things off, let me see if I can find the thread and the post. I wouldn't use the fishnet stockings, Way to Go John!! Just cause you had them lying around :twisted: But this stuff I'm thinking of might be a better choice.

:oops: Ok, now that I'm embarrassed, I didn't say I owned some, but then John would probably wish I did! LOL! Thanks for the info, look forward to the material. :)

Thanks Kevin! I think I'll go with what Logan put about the mesh stuff, me in a craft store is dangerous though :twisted:

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom