Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had 4 spotted cardinals when I started my firs salt water tank, and from my experience which was 2 years with them and from what I heard about their hardiness (which is why I got them in the first place)... They school well and are a tough fish. Plus they look like little Parana's. I dig the red eyes. Check out the link let me know what ya think.

Spotted Cardinalfish

Old 05-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Many thanks for suggestions, guys -
Zebra Dart Goby - I like the look of these, could you maybe post video?
Spotted Cardinalfish - I love their look, almost as much as the Bangaii, but they always seem a bit...static. Am I wrong? I have an image of my school flashing around the tank together, splitting up and then coming together (Which may be completely unrealistic of course)! Also I will be going heavily into shrimps etc so that's a bit of a worry with them.
Orange Cardinalfish - Not sure. They don't immediately appeal, but thanks for the suggestion.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had a fire shrimp and a banded coral shrimp when I had my cardinals and there were no probs. Plus I had and still have about 6 each of electric orange and electric blue hermit crabs. I still got the shrim too by the way.

I'm not sure what you mean by static with the spotted cardinals but mine would seperate and do there own thing for a little bt them come back together often. They would do alot of hover'n and are a pretty slow fish if you ask me. But I don't think they are any faster or slower than the Bangii.They seem more peacefull to me but thats just my opinion.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got a Video of my zebras doing some schooling. The darts tend to separate a bit because there isn't enough other fish in the tank... also because they have so many, so they can divide into smaller schools.

Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:17 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for that, lovely. I can see why you like them. Now I'm jealous of your Tang school, of course

Tags
schooling, schooling fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com