bangaii cardinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taryn2185

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For some reason my bangaii cardinal will not eat. He seems fine, he still has color. But I've never seen him eat! It has been 2 weeks so I know he has to eat sometime. Is there anything specific I can entise him with? I thought maybe feeding him in the evening would help but it doesn't all the other fish eats and he just floats around not doing much.

I've tried clipping seaweed on the side, frozen brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms, freeze dried brine shrimp, two different kinds of flake food. I just don't know what to give him...

I've tried clipping seaweed on the side, frozen brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms, freeze dried brine shrimp, two different kinds of flake food. I just don't know what to give him...

Try PMing Bang Guy, he breeds them, but the seaweed won't do much for them, they are meat eaters. Might try some chopped shrimp, clam, squid etc...

IME, Cardinals like live food, especially if it is wild caught.. You might want to try some live brine or very small feeder shrimp *holding hands up* Mine never lived to go through it... :cry: Yes, Bang Guy is the one for this

Mine really perked up with the addition of garlic to their food. They eat mysis, a little flake sometimes, and i am gonna try brine soon to. But they love mysis soaked in garlic.

:hat:

Thanks! I'll try all of those...whatever gets him to eat. I read they are going to go on the Endangered Species List so I don't want him to pass away!

I read they are going to go on the Endangered Species List so I don't want him to pass away!

While I echo your sentiments about this cardinal passing away, no one wants that. I do not see how a fish that is readilly bred in captivity could be on the endangered species list. Maybe I'm missing something.

Good point RR, how can a fish that is known to breed in captivity be close to extinction? I read the sem article, don't remember where though. Of course we need to be careful with all our fishy buddies, but it seems kinda odd that that could be.

:hat:

reefrunner69 said:
I do not see how a fish that is readilly bred in captivity could be on the endangered species list. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's still up in the air about them going on the "Threatened" list. They are far from the endangered list.

This list has no bearing on captive populations, these designations pertain only to wild populations. An easily bred fish could easily be added to the Endangered list if the wild populations are at risk.

Back
Top Bottom