Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was also worried about the DSB going bad but I didn't want a BB tank because I wanted to create a more natural look in my man made ocean in a box. So I decided on only having about 1 1/2" - 2" of sand.

It's really up to you. There are pro's and con's to both.

klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:11 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by klam
I was also worried about the DSB going bad but I didn't want a BB tank because I wanted to create a more natural look in my man made ocean in a box. So I decided on only having about 1 1/2" - 2" of sand.

It's really up to you. There are pro's and con's to both.
Check out this thread on another forum, http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1

Old 04-14-2005, 02:09 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

I think I am going to use 2" of sand. I plan on using half dry and half live. This is O.K. right?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:21 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Rsquared333 Send a message via MSN to Rsquared333 Send a message via Yahoo to Rsquared333
what happens when a DSB "crashes"?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:05 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The faux sand bed is neat but I prefer to have some real sand. It's all up to the persons taste.

DSB crashes = you tank will crash also causing massive amounts of deaths
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It is personal preference but i have a 4-5" dsb right now and when i move the tank in a couple months it's coming out. I have chosen to go with sps and I personally not into the sand look now. It's all what you like to look at but if you opt to go bb your can build a bottom that looks basically the same without the hassle of sand blowing around.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
It is personal preference but i have a 4-5" dsb right now and when i move the tank in a couple months it's coming out. I have chosen to go with sps and I personally not into the sand look now. It's all what you like to look at but if you opt to go bb your can build a bottom that looks basically the same without the hassle of sand blowing around.
So what are you going to put at the bottom of your tank? I'm debating bb vs. dsb right now... leaning towards bb although I want to make sure I can get the benefits of a dsb perhaps via a fuge.

Tags
bottom, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com