Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I spent a lot of time reading on fuges and different ways of filtering a reef tank. From what I have read the bigger your sump/fuge is the better it will benefit your tank. My tank is 72g, my fuge is 20g, I think the more water volume and the more room you have for macro to grow the better it will benefit your tank. If you have the room I would go with the larger tank in stead of what will get by. You will be glad that you did in the end!

Old 03-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to pph_2ppr
that makes more sense. thanks i have no room to add on a refuge that big because there is VERY limited space under the tank, i can barely fit the 10 gallon sump under there. i would like to have a mini-fuge so i can get some macro algae and a few mini-brittle starfish

Old 03-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to pph_2ppr
I will be making a trip to the ocean in a couple weeks and was wondering if i could pick rocks out when im there? I no its not a good idea to get them from close to the surface but i could go down deeper to get the rocks.....thoughts?

are rocks from the ocean suitable for home aquariums?

looking on the internet i found out the collection of wild live rock is ILLEGAL,.....thanks for telling me guys!

Tags
base, live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com