base rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have never bought base rock.. 100 pounds later ..im thinking about adding another 25 pounds to my new addition which currenlty hadls 40 pounds of live rock... any thing i should look for...stay away from.. anything i should do before putting it in?

Look for very porous rock, big solid pieces aren't as effective for your money. Make sure you cure any rock you buy that isn't already.

More then likely baserock is dry. If buying them from a Rep. dealer all you need to do is rinse them off before placing them into your tank.

Good point about the dry rock, no curing required. Our sponsors on here do have some very nice dry base rock.

Cure it just like i would my mail order rock? If that's the case still cheaper to live rock sent to the house.

Nvm didn't get all the posts... okay just rinse and deposit..got it

Cure it just like i would my mail order rock? If that's the case still cheaper to live rock sent to the house.

It just depends on who you get it from. I added marcosrocks after a quick rinse and no problem at all.

Just curious, how big is your tank? thats a lot of rock :D

I have a 55 long and a 56 collum the 56 collum seems to be able to ton more rock

Back
Top Bottom