Before and After

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kempker1498

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought this tank, and had to re-stain it to match the other furniture. I just finished all the plumbing and cleaning! Here is what I have so far....

Attachments

• image-752534018.jpg
    image-752534018.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-652864542.jpg
    image-652864542.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1928192672.jpg
    image-1928192672.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 92
Thank you...it's black...to quote my wife "dang, now thats black".

Yeah nice color. Just about to skin my stand with some cabinet grade plywood. Wife wants a very light stain. My response was: "I don't want this looking like Ikea furniture". She agreed and walked away from the garage.

Would like to see how you build this up. Is this going to be FW or Salt?

Thanks!! I am very excited about getting this together. I wont have any water in it for about a month. The wife and I are taking have one last vacation before we have our first child in April. I am pretty sure if I "stay in good health" I have to wait...according to my wife! I might be able to sneak something together before then!! :D

all i can say is that...you got some wicked skills...your tank is amazing!!

Thanks!! I am very excited about getting this together. I wont have any water in it for about a month. The wife and I are taking have one last vacation before we have our first child in April. I am pretty sure if I "stay in good health" I have to wait...according to my wife! I might be able to sneak something together before then!! :D

I hate to break this too you but......after raising three children I can honestly say......you will have neither the time or money to complete this build for years to come. LOL :banghead: But, the kids are worth it (at least that is what I keep telling myself). hehehehehe

I have all of the most expensive stuff already...only that is really going to cost me is the live rock and live sand...that's what I have to sneak into the budget!!

I have all of the most expensive stuff already...only that is really going to cost me is the live rock and live sand...that's what I have to sneak into the budget!!

Good luck on the tank and most importantly on the new baby. You will find that nothing else in life will seem important once that baby arrives. Although I don't know you from Adam, I am very happy for you because I know the joy my children have brought me. Hope mom and baby do well with the big day comes.

Hey thanks RD....you don't see to many kind people like you left in the world! I am in law enforcement so I really don't see any kind people like you around!! But thank you for the kind words...my wife and I are really blessed and very excited with out new adventure!

I definitely second that. Your child will be the best thing to happen to you in the world. You'll have a blast showing your child how to take care of fish in that aquarium. Be prepared to be asked to have a clownfish in it at some point or another =). Also, enjoy the sleep now while you can! Have a great vacation and enjoy it!

you don't see to many kind people like you left in the world!

I just enjoy people. I have found that if I treat people with some respect and show that I care if they have a good day instead of just saying "Have a good day" most of them surprise me and turn out to be neat people who I am happy to know. But.....in your profession, I am sure there are many who can really make you wonder what is wrong with this world. While I think most people respect and appreciate the fact that law enforcement put themselves in danger for our sake, many don't realize just how much day to day BS and misery you are faced with. Takes a special breed to put up with have to see that on a daily basis. You should be proud of yourself.

+1 to what AquaRick added. Funny what you are willing to "Happily" go through when it is your child that you normally would have dreaded. Gives a whole new meaning to life.

Here is it done with the doors on!

What you think Carey? Here are the pictures you wanted...

Attachments

• image-2088422227.jpg
    image-2088422227.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 86
I'm impressed! It looks like a lfs display tank!! I could do alot of things with that one!

So when does she get moved and become live?

Back
Top Bottom