Before i order have i got everything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefManik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Basically im sat here looking at a shopping basket ready to order a marine setup, i just want to make sure i have all the equipment that ill need.
Firstly the aquarium is a betta lifespace 680 and that comes with the cabinet, sectioned sump, pipe work kit and a return pump.
For the Lighting i have ordered an aqua one coral power t5 over tank that is 4x24w tubes. Will this be enough for a soft coral system?

For the protein skimmer i have gone with the aqua medic turboflotor 1000 and 2 koralia Evo 1600 pumps with wave maker and an aquamedic niveaumat auto top off system.
So what ive got in a list so far is
Tank with sump
Pipework to sump
return pump
1 aqua medic turboflotor skimmer
2 koralia evo 1600 powerheads + koralia wavemaker
4x24w t5 lighting fixture plus 2x marine white & 2x Marine blue tubes
1 aquamedic niveaumat top off
tank is predrilled with weir so i dont think i need an overflow box.
Can anybody tell me what else i need. Do i need anything to get the water from the tank to the sump or is that just gravity?

Double check what you've got for the Koralias...

Unless things are different where you are (UK?), the new generation Koralias (the Evos or Evolutions) won't work with the Koralia wavemaker that came out a couple years ago. That wavemaker control unit Hydor sells is made specifically for their DC-voltage powerheads. The plug on those units will not go in to a wall socket, but only into the socket on the wavemaker unit. The Evos will plug directly into the wall socket. Hydor calls the Evos "controllable" because they can be turned on and off over the course of seconds or minutes without harming the powerhead. With the older Koralias, if you tried to do this, they would break. The Evos can be "controlled" (turned on and off) with either timers or an aquarium controller. But they won't work with the Hydro Koralia Wavemaker controller. Hope that makes sense.

Sounds like you have everything you need for the basic tank, less the heater, refractometer, test kits, salt, and a multitude of other things you'll find over the next few months that you can't live without!. I'm not familiar with the unit you're getting, but you might want to double check that the skimmer will fit in your sump once you get your return pump (which sounds like it's included) in there.

Oh... I was thinking you meant Koralia's wavemaker. The one you linked to will work with the Evos. Sorry for the confusion!

I'd hold off on the phosphate reactor until you determined if you had a need for it. That's something that can easily be added later. Or you can just add a bag of GFO to a low flow area in the sump.

Back
Top Bottom