Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Beginner at Saltwater- SeaHorses

I'm going to dive from freshwater into saltwater and I'd like to keep SeaHorses in a 30-40 gallon tank. What all will I need to know? What species should I consider? I'm brand new at this and need as much information as possible.

Sent via Impala

Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpeytonm View Post
I'm going to dive from freshwater into saltwater and I'd like to keep SeaHorses in a 30-40 gallon tank. What all will I need to know? What species should I consider? I'm brand new at this and need as much information as possible.

Sent via Impala

I too am new and cycled my tank for about 3 months with various fish and live rock and then set up a refugium. 37 gallon with a 20 gallon refugium macro algae and even more live rock and live sand. I have a chiller and uv and protein skimmer that is breaking in as we speak. I have 8 seahorse in them that were all wild caught and fed them baby brine for a week while adding in mysis twice a day. They now all eat frozen and looking awesome every once in a while I'll treat them to baby brine or live mysis in the future but for now they all eat frozen. Depending on the kind you want they typically need 65-74 degrees in temp anything above they are prone to infection and parasites. All the other parameters stay the same like other marine fish. I'm working on pods and breeding them and photo plankton for my Kenya tree!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

seahorses can be tough, there is a good thread in nano reefs on a seahorse tank build that you should definitely look at

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
ate, beginner, salt, saltwater, sea, seahorse, seahorses, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com