Quick update before I crash tonight. I worked on this all day today. The entire workbench / stand is now done. It's a foot longer than the previous one giving me a total of about 10 more feet. I hope to put a few frag tanks to the left in the coming year and have room to work on plumbing and coral.
I also picked up what I thought would be a great sump tank but it's a "critter" tank and I have learned through another post it's no good even 1/2 full. I also picked up some white pool filter sand which worked well in my cichlid build and I hope will do well here. I let my son have fun rinsing off the sand (which is already clean in nature of being filter sand) and filled some of the tank with water to make sure it was still sound. The super fine live sand I have with the rock now is going to be used in the future sump DSB
. Tomorrow I'm removing the rest of the old kitchen cabinets and wrapping up the larger overhead storage shelf. I also hope to clean off some of the rocks and mix up some salt water for the first time
BTW... I decided against painting the stand because I didn't want the entire thing painted. On top of that, it would have taken hours. I did paint the wall around and behind the tank and will be painting the rest of the wall later.