Benjamin's 75g Garage Build (FOWLR to Reef)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well really jealous. That thing should be great. If I get one on release, I wouldn't have to use the ancient laptop to update near the tank... Add the possible power supply failure on one of my radions and you have a frustrating setup.

can I just tell them I have radions and get the unit??? lol ive learned quickly that it takes time to buy quality equipment but its easy to act like a little kid and get anxious.

Sorry for the lack of updates but I got really busy this fall. I hosted a frag show in October that consumed me and shortly after we started construction on an addition to the house which is wrapping up right now. Just some trim and paint left at this point. It's been quite the experience. Good and bad things have come from it.

On the bad side, the tank got little maintenance done for 3 months. The garage was filled with furniture and closet junk while we punched through and only 2 or 3 water changes were done at best. I let the alk run out one week and it dropped to 6 and we had our panel out for over 8 hours while the electrical was updated. I ran a small generator on and off but the tank got down to 68°. At one point you couldn't see into the tank because I couldn't get to it and clean well. All this stressed a bunch of the corals. I'm losing the green tabling acro, several frags and a brain. Everything is back up to snuff as of last week and I hope things turn around.

On the good side, the addition has given us new wall space and I finally will get the tank into the house. Not without an upgrade though. I'm looking at getting a 250g+ custom tank done this spring. I plan on making a mock of it to see how it works in the dining room which is in the center of the house. When I get closer to that and the tank colors up again I'll post some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom