Berlin system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm reading animal planet saltwater aquarium they talk about going Berlin system I'm So lost with filters hear in other thread do a DIY sump or refugium cause I want a reef tank set it up once but right sorry to repeat myself on here everyone I'm new saltwater aquarium hobby only know freshwater hobby 15 years I'm reading a lot to understand saltwater any can help ne decide who's bin in this hobby 10 29 years or more what to get or do

Found this a while ago.
Berlin method of filtration - Aquarium Advice

Don't know if you read this yet:
Refugiums,fuges or refuge - Aquarium Advice

No problem with being new to SW. Obviously everyone has started and progressed and gained knowledge about the hobby. You don't NEED a refugium and some even say it can raise nitrates (don't know if I completely agree), but it does have some added benefits. Just simply it's for growing pods and macroalgae. Yes chaeto and other macros reduce nitrates, but a 10, 50, or even 100 gallon refugium on say a 30 gallon tank isn't going to do much. I do recommend a refugium in your sump (if you're getting one), but again it's not needed.

Thanks ill look into both filter system and what do you think is better internal overflow box or external overflow box and tank pre drilled

Internal. People have had issues w/ adjusting external overflows or just don't like it as much.

So internal overflow box is for a pre drilled tank or is it on than hang inside tank

Pre-drilled. Go on youtube and find some videos on DIY internal overflow, etc. I think there are internal overflows that don't need to be drilled like the ones from BRS.

Ok ilk go and research it what do u have

For the overflow? I have this PVC elbow that's drilled on the side of the tank. Came like that when I bought it off of a guy from craigslist. It makes a TON of noise which I hate, but I don't know how, nor do I want to patch up a hole, remove everything from my tank, and put in a overflow box. There are pipes that make silent the sucking noise that you can put in the overflow, forgot the name though.

Ok I look around I was hopping they make a hang in side the tank overflow box I see tank made from marineland they have a predrilled tank and sump you can get with tank www.drfosterandsmith.com I saw it there stand and canopy

Do you have a link to it? I'm pretty sure the predrilled tank and sump is going to cost a fortune. You could save a ton of money if you do some DIY projects. Yes CPR overflows work, but some don't like them if that's what you're asking?

Back
Top Bottom