best cleaner for outside glass tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_bay

Aquarium Advice Regular
what you guys use to get rid of the salty film that is on the outside of the tank. or to clean it period

Last edited by a moderator:
i do too but you know when you get water sample soe time is spalshes and stuff and i was wondering what you guys using

Last edited by a moderator:
Newspaper. wet. gets hands dirty but glass....perfect!

Surfer said:
Pick up a pleco and scrub-a-dub-dub

He's asking about the outside of a saltwater tank... So I think a pleco is out of the question, lol.

I use a new kitchen sponge with a scrubby side and a mix of vinegar and water, then when I'm done I go over it with a wet paper towel then dry it with a dry one. Works pretty well, but I have a leaky top rim so I have constant salt creep down one side of my front glass. It drives me nuts but I'm putting off resealing since I don't have a place to put my puffers for three days to reseal the rim. Might do it when I move, though.

He's asking about the outside of a saltwater tank... So I think a pleco is out of the question, lol.

I use a new kitchen sponge with a scrubby side and a mix of vinegar and water, then when I'm done I go over it with a wet paper towel then dry it with a dry one. Works pretty well, but I have a leaky top rim so I have constant salt creep down one side of my front glass. It drives me nuts but I'm putting off resealing since I don't have a place to put my puffers for three days to reseal the rim. Might do it when I move, though.

It was a joke, I meant he should use him as a sponge...lol.

Surfer said:
It was a joke, I meant he should use him as a sponge...lol.

Haha. Hey, if you have found some rare air-breathing, salt-eating pleco.... I want one!

Although using one AS a sponge might scratch acrylic tanks. For use on glass only.

Haha. Hey, if you have found some rare air-breathing, salt-eating pleco.... I want one!

Although using one AS a sponge might scratch acrylic tanks. For use on glass only.

They can breathe air for up to 30 minutes :) as long as they're moist.
They still hate salt though :/

Back
Top Bottom