Best Freshwater Converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoseidonCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's the best brand name product in your opinion for converting a freshwater tank to brackish or saltwater? There are no fish, plants or other living things in it now so this doesn't have to be a gradual conversion, I can even drain it and start from scratch if necessary. If the answer is different whether we're going brackish or full saltwater that would be useful information as well. Thanks for your input.

Instant ocean salt?

Theres really no special methods to converting a tank to salt. Just clean it and changing out the substrate would he a good plan.

I have found that some freshwater bb works in salt water. Specifically the bacteria that convert ammonia into nitrite. The bacteria that convert nitrite into nitrate don't work though.

People argue about salt, but imho instant ocean is great. Its by far the most commonly used salt in the industry and problems with it are few and far between.

Instant ocean salt?

Theres really no special methods to converting a tank to salt. Just clean it and changing out the substrate would he a good plan.

I have found that some freshwater bb works in salt water. Specifically the bacteria that convert ammonia into nitrite. The bacteria that convert nitrite into nitrate don't work though.

People argue about salt, but imho instant ocean is great. Its by far the most commonly used salt in the industry and problems with it are few and far between.

Thanks for the detailed response, they are getting rarer here, I mostly notice short smart-aleck replies that never answer the main question. And then when you feel sorry for someone getting useless responses and you take the time to write them beautiful on-topic paragraphs in response, you don't even get a simple thank you. The art of human communication is dying...:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom