best frozen food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't worry about any frozen food. If they will eat New Life Spectrum that is all they will need. I suggest NLS's Thera+A formula because of the extra garlic.

If you do get frozen get frozen mysis shrimp or vitamin fortified brine shrimp. Feed it to my tank every other day. As long as you thaw it out and rinse it off there is nothing wrong with feeding it to them.

I wouldn't recommend Rod's Food with just clownfish in the tank. Even their fish formula has more variety than I would add with just one type of fish. Without more types and sizes of fish you will inevitably end up overfeeding. It is an ideal frozen food though if you have a little variety. The regular formula is perfect for a mixed reef with a variety of fish.

Yes and no. The goal is a complete and balanced diet. This is usually done with variety, but variety is not necessarily a requirement. Rod's Food also has such a variety of foods that not every fish can necessarily eat everything in Rod's Food. If not everything is eaten that means you are just putting food in that will rot and lower water quality. I do think that a little more variety of fish in the tank is required to feed Rod's Food without any problems.

Yes and no.
have you kept a clown only tank and only fed them rods food? i'm wondering how you got the data to prove that rods food in particular, will only partially be eaten by clowns.
overfeeding will only happen when you put too much food in the tank- flake, pellet, frozen, it does not matter.

Back
Top Bottom