Best late birthday ever !! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking maybe an anemone down the road but I have a long time till that ? What else could I do ?

Anenomes are a pain in the butt, they need high light, need to be fed krill or dead fish, and move around. Id say 8 months but others have their opinions.

I wouldnt do it. Forgot to mention they sting corals

I was planning on doing a hammer and torch coral so then I guess the anemone off the list :)

Anenomes are a pain in the butt, they need high light, need to be fed krill or dead fish, and move around. Id say 8 months but others have their opinions. I wouldnt do it. Forgot to mention they sting corals

Actually, you should feed anemones very little. Recommend not feeding them at all. Sufficient lighting is all they need. Direct feeding can cause stress. If you do feed them avoid large size and large quantity meaty foods.

Actually, you should feed anemones very little. Recommend not feeding them at all. Sufficient lighting is all they need. Direct feeding can cause stress. If you do feed them avoid large size and large quantity meaty foods.

I never said alot of feeding lol, also they can move when ever they choose and sting other corals. (depending on which type) Also needs a mature tank

I would do a serpent star, most of the other ones require very established tanks, long acclimation and are just tough to keep alive long term.

Sorry to hijack but are red sea stars hard to keep? Thinking of one for my nano...

I would not do a fromia star in a small tank, they require lots of established live rock to feed off the micro fauna. They don't tolerate parameter swings at all either and once they go downhill they don't come back.

I would not do a fromia star in a small tank, they require lots of established live rock to feed off the micro fauna. They don't tolerate parameter swings at all either and once they go downhill they don't come back.

Alright thanks i guess i wont get one, so you say serpant stars, Would one work in the nano?

Yeah for sure, I know they have a serpent that comes in orange that is pretty cool. Probably hard to find though

Hmmm I think I might try one eventually.... And has anyone been to or tryed reefsystems.com live rock ? They are a coral farm in new Albany Ohio which is about an hour from me ... I'm thinking I'm going to go there to get my rock and corals because their prices are ridiculous ! 6 dollars a pound for live rock ??? Just seeing if anyone has tried them ?

Hmmm I think I might try one eventually.... And has anyone been to or tryed reefsystems.com live rock ? They are a coral farm in new Albany Ohio which is about an hour from me ... I'm thinking I'm going to go there to get my rock and corals because their prices are ridiculous ! 6 dollars a pound for live rock ??? Just seeing if anyone has tried them ?

Thats pretty average lol :)

Really ???!!! The only other place with any stock of ok live rock around me other than that place is at 12$ a pound ..

Really ???!!! The only other place with any stock of ok live rock around me other than that place is at 12$ a pound ..

Here its 8$ every where except for this lfs that i always go to that sell nice big coralline covered pieces for 6$, best deal i can get out here lol.

Oh well I'm happy about it ! :) and I finally got water and sand In the tank !! So excited :) I'll post pics once it clears !

Why not start with dry base rock and cure it and then just add a single piece of live rock to seed the base rock.

Back
Top Bottom